Everyone experiences worry, fear and anxiety sometimes. It is a normal emotional response. It becomes a problem if you feel so anxious or afraid that it interferes with your normal day-to-day activities.
SOME COMMON SYMPTOMS
- always being in a bad mood
- unrealistic fear that something bad will happen
- constant worry about school performance, friends, family, money, etc.
- having difficulty going to sleep and staying asleep
- having nightmares
- difficulty concentrating
- rapid breathing
- headaches, muscle tension
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
RELAXATION: Things like going for a walk, listening to music or doing yoga might help you relax. Check the internet for information on relaxation.
EATING RIGHT: When people feel anxious, they often don’t care of themselves. Eat regular meals and make sure that you are eating healthy foods.
TALKING: Keeping things bottled up inside is likely going to increase your anxiety. Talk to a trusted friend or family member about the things that are making you feel anxious.
SEEK HELP: Click here for information on how to make a referral to FIREFLY for help to manage your anxiety.