Infection Prevention and Control Information
Clients and families play an important role in promoting infection prevention and control activities. FIREFLY works to protect the health and safety of our clients and families, staff and all visitors. Clean your hands: The Bug Stops Here! Let’s work together to help prevent the spread of infections.
- Hand hygiene
- Respiratory etiquette
- Universal Precautions
- Personal Protective Equipment
Learn about how to prevent infections by reviewing the following information:
Canadian Patient Safety Institute –
How to Help Prevent Healthcare-Associated Infections: A Patient and Family Guide
- Unvaccinated clients, visitors and vendors are now permitted to enter FIREFLY offices.
- FIREFLY is a mask-friendly environment, visitors can choose to wear a mask or not.
- Clinicians will be wearing appropriate PPE when the session is conducted.
- Clients will be provided with a mask if they do not have one.
- All surfaces and equipment, used are sanitized by the clinician.
Information is provided verbally and in writing. Written materials may be available in a variety of languages depending on the populations served. The language used is easy to understand, and may include visual cues to improve understanding. Written materials may include pamphlets or posters.